Reports to: Director of Service
Summary: The Service Technician will report to the Director of Service to support the preventative maintenance program and the commissioning and decommissioning of mmic™ products. The Service Technician will be kept abreast of all the units, service required, and movement of units, spare parts and catalogs, sales support needs as required. They will be required to travel on either a scheduled or an emergency basis to support the customers’ or the sales team during trade shows and conferences to include:
- Equipment set up and breakdown
- Problem troubleshooting
- Emergency repair
- Permanent repair
- Preventive maintenance to a checklist.
- Evaluate, test, repair, and install equipment related to HVAC, electric, plumbing, hydraulic and med gas systems.
- Write detailed and accurate service logs and reports stating the nature of the job and what was done. In addition, write daily trip reports during all service engagements.
- Support manufacturing build for commercial and military product and engineering on said product including prototype product build and fit.
- Give input using the Problem Corrective and Preventative Reporting (PCPR) system to the improvement of the product as it pertains to serviceability, robustness, and cost efficiency during unit design, manufacturing, and deployment.
- Give support in development of a spares parts catalogue and setting up inventory requirements for such, to help maintain a spare parts and equipment inventory space(s) at the plant and other areas where needed.
- Electrical, Mechanical, and/or Plumbing experience of at least 10 years. Master License is a plus.
- 5 + years experience in troubleshooting problems and repairing issues relating to electrical, mechanical and plumbing.
Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Job Functions
To communicate with and give support to customers, both directly and over the phone/e-mail in the following areas: commissioning and decommissioning, preventative and corrective maintenance, application support, system modifications, and in-service training. Teach Support Technicians how to appropriately do the above tasks.
- Able to travel to our units, primarily to domestic and North American customers.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance to units in the field.
- Adhere to safety standards and company policies.
- Accurately and in a timely manner complete all paperwork associated with trips
- Effectively and professionally communicate verbally and in writing to supervisors and customers; job status, progress and/or problems and concerns.
- Work with fellow employees as a support service in engineering and manufacturing for upgrades, design changes or issues and customer feedback of all products.
- Manage and work with sub-contractors, engineers, architects, and facility maintenance personnel.
- Must be a people person able to work with all groups and ethnic people from around the world
- Must work with a positive attitude and with a spirit of cooperation
- Must work effectively with little or no supervision
- Must be able to work your own job and give direction to others while doing so
- Must be a team member, willing to work and live with others in close quarters.
- Must be willing and able to travel independently
- Must be willing to work in various environments and conditions
- Must be willing to work extended hours as well as early or late day hours to accommodate unit staff working day when necessary
- Must be willing to be exposed to grease, oil, dirt and the elements of the outdoors
- Must have and maintain a good driving record
- Must be able to move and manipulate up to 100 lbs
- Must be well-groomed and present a positive company image.
- Must treat customers and co-workers with the utmost courtesy and respect
- Ability to leave home quickly and be away from home for an extended time
- Ability and desire to grasp new ideas related to the work environment
- Ability to process detailed, accurate and cost-effective job estimates and parts orders
- Ability to stay within a budget on a given project and all personnel under you
- Ability to deploy units at all government facilities